Going green isn’t just limited to buying organic food. We all know that the fastest way to your lover’s heart is through their stomach. But did you know that organic can equal orgasmic?
Since the beginning of time, sages have understood the erotic power of food. Romans fed their beloved with tantalizing and tempting grapes. Montezuma drank dozens of cups of a chocolaty beverage every day to keep up his sexual strength. Hippocrates prescribed honey (rich in antioxidants) to boost desire, and Casanova devoured oysters (high in zinc, a mineral used in the production of testosterone in both men and women) to elevate his sexual prowess.
As FiftyAndFurthermores, we may not have the same quick trigger hormone rushes of desire that we used to. Here are some all natural organic orgasmic inducers that are sure to add some flavor and spice to your love life.
Erotic finger foods such as pitted olives, peel-and eat shrimp, and clams on a half-shell require us to eat with our hands in a slow sensual way, paying attention to the way the food makes us feel. Consider the phallic shape of vitamin packed vegetables like cucumbers, eggplant, and zucchini. Vibrant and tangy berries, cherries, pomegranates and papayas provide a sweet happy ending to any romantic interlude.
- Chili peppers – Heat up the bedroom with a flush and fluster. Chili peppers trigger natural feel-good endorphins.
- Chocolate – heart healthy in many ways. Flavonoids fight disease, and antioxidants prevent some of the risk factors associated with heart attacks and strokes. Chocolate is also rich in an amino acid called phenyl ethylamine, the “love chemical” that serves as a natural anti-depressant.
- Figs – A symbol of fertility and reproduction, a suggestive shape, fig-leave-adorned Romans, need I say more?
- Garlic – An antioxidant, but beware of the dreaded garlic breath, not so much of an aphrodisiac unless both partners consume.
- Pine Nuts – Rich in zinc like oysters are. (No wonder why Italians are known as a passionate culture. It seems like they have the corner on serving up all of these love potions.)
- Tomato – This “love apple” is known for being a libido enhancer packed with lycopene.
Previously Published in 2008